- New Zealand is the best place to do business for the fourth year running
- Last year, 115 economies implemented 294 business reforms
- Regulation reforms make economies more business-friendly
- Most improved places to do business include Saudi Arabia, Jordan, mainland China and India
- Singapore and Hong Kong made it easier to get electricity
- Mainland China made paying taxes and starting a business easier
- India made trading across borders easier
[Clear] rules create an environment where new entrants with drive and innovative ideas can get started in business and where productive firms can invest, expand, and create new jobs. The objective is to encourage regulation that is efficient, transparent, and easy to implement so that businesses can thrive.
Household electrification is estimated to result in an average rise of around 7% in school enrollment, 25% in employment and 30% in income. Where electricity services are deficient, firm performance is negatively impacted.